Re: 01-06-21 | Joint Operation | Op. Aeger

Price, what you say makes sense to me! In real world, though, sending 3 Viggen alone might get the CAP all onto them and all of the point and sam defences concentrated on their missiles. On the other hand, launching 16+16+12 missiles about the same distance/time PLUS having 11 jets act agressivlely will oblige the two ship to use a lot of their missiles to shoot the jet. In all my trials, before my 4 harpoon where into range to be detected and shot at, the two ships had alrady launched three times two missiles at me. Multiply that for 11, and you will see you are saturating the defenses! Then the 44 missiles approach at the same close range from 3 different directions. But I don't know about the Viggen weapon. To me, no problem if we get a little bit later..but 3 minutes is an ethernity!! Make it 1 minute, max 1.5, otherwise f18 will have Su33 on top even before beeing able to fire!

I just looked at the tacview file (wish I could post it, but it's more than 1 MB). Single ship (could be nymber 3 of Colt2) splitting 40° to the right. You will notice the aircraft was able to stimulate two times (I know, I was not aggressive enouch!) the ship's defences obliging them to launch twice two missiles. Then they have to launch 10 missiles to shoot down the 4 harpoon. Immagine 12 aircrafts attacking at the same time with a total of 48 missiles...that could be 48 sams against the jet and 480 sam for the harpoons. I can almost guarantee that some of them will find their targets!

Hi guys, BlueRaven here, I'll be RIO in Chevy1 flight assigned to perform CAP Alpha.
Just a couple of quick questions: first, can you please confirm that we'll have responsibility to cover a sector of around 40° NW of our track area? (radials 284 - 320 from the BE)
It's quite important to know because we'll have to set our NAVGRID accordingly.
Regarding the ROE, are the 200NM to be intended from the BE or absolute distance from our on station track zone?
Nulla Dies Sine Linea

Hello !
blueraven wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:27 am First, can you please confirm that we'll have responsibility to cover a sector of around 40° NW of our track area? (radials 284 - 320 from the BE)
Yes, it's good also 280°-320° ;)
blueraven wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:27 am Regarding the ROE, are the 200NM to be intended from the BE or absolute distance from our on station track zone?
"Commit BE..."I mean bullseye. It should be 80-90nm from your racetrack zone.

These values are not absolute. As per ROE you have these indications, but if the human awacs gives you new task you may not follow these ROEs.
Attachments
ChevyROE2.jpg
ChevyROE2.jpg (152.41 KiB) Viewed 7435 times
ChevyROE.jpg
ChevyROE.jpg (151.69 KiB) Viewed 7435 times

Ciao Ragazzi,
Insieme al mio Navigatore BlueRaven abbiamo realizzato un'ipotesi di planning per la missione per quanto riguarda il volo Chevy.
Pregherei i miei compagni di volo di farci avere eventuali considerazioni/ cambiamenti etc sul piano.
Restiamo a disposizione per qualsiasi chiarimento.

Snakeice

Hi guys,
Together with my RIO BlueRaven, we made a planning hypothesis for the missionregarding the Chevy flight.
I would ask my flight mates to let us have any considerations / changes etc on the plan.
We are available for any clarification.

Snakeice

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xGIRCZ ... sp=sharing
Nemo Me Impune Laecessit

twitch.tv/snakeice_104

Mission POSEIDON:
I've been out a few days and haven't seen anthing more after the exchange of ideas on the attack. Since I did not see any input from Colt1 and Dodge, I strongly suggest we keep the planning timings and, as far as possible, tactics.
I forgot to insert into the slides two details:
1) Colt1 and Colt2 after normal Take off procedures are to climb to 8000 feet to save fuel (Colt2 to avoid hitting the ground overflying the peninsula!). Start descending toward 200 feet when 20NM inbound WP3 for Colt1 and WP2 for Colt2 (this way the enemy will loose track of you while flying away fom them in a NON aggressive posture). Dodge will always fly at low level.
2) After launcing the Harpoons and turning toward the ships, every aircraft will maneuvre AWAY form his WINGMAN and the missiles.

If you haven't done so, please look the file with tactic!!
Attachments
Briefing tattica Harpoon.pptx
(797.14 KiB) Downloaded 329 times

A note from Enfield 1: due to Mirage payload limitations, we will be covering only the strike task initially. After completing the task we will get back to the closest friendly airport and rearm for CAP, asking the AWACS for detailed instructions.

I've also been running a few tests today, and IMHO we should pay attention to these two points:

1. Until the Kuznetsov and the Moskva are active, it's impossible for us to go past waypoint 2. We will probably be forced to call Rolex to delay our pass over Qeshm Island, otherwise the SA-10 on the ship will make our task really hard.
2. It seems that 4 Mk-82 from a single plane are enough to take out an entire unit of 6 F-14 on the ground. Given that we're supposed to be 3 Mirages, and that we can carry up to 8 Mk-82 each, I propose that we take care of all the airplanes at Bandar Abbas while Ford 5 takes the Bravo CAP since the beginning. We can join them later if needed.

What do you think?

witcher wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:45 pm A note from Enfield 1: due to Mirage payload limitations, we will be covering only the strike task initially. After completing the task we will get back to the closest friendly airport and rearm for CAP, asking the AWACS for detailed instructions.

I've also been running a few tests today, and IMHO we should pay attention to these two points:

1. Until the Kuznetsov and the Moskva are active, it's impossible for us to go past waypoint 2. We will probably be forced to call Rolex to delay our pass over Qeshm Island, otherwise the SA-10 on the ship will make our task really hard.
2. It seems that 4 Mk-82 from a single plane are enough to take out an entire unit of 6 F-14 on the ground. Given that we're supposed to be 3 Mirages, and that we can carry up to 8 Mk-82 each, I propose that we take care of all the airplanes at Bandar Abbas while Ford 5 takes the Bravo CAP since the beginning. We can join them later if needed.

What do you think?
For me sounds good