27-04-21 | Joint Operation | Op. In The Wolf’s Lair

INTRO
Benvenuti Piloti,
La community AF è lieta di presentare una nuovissima operazione congiunta! Abbiamo lavorato molto e speriamo di aver fatto un buon lavoro. Per QUALSIASI info-suggerimento rispondere direttamente su questo Topic.
Abbiamo anche il piacere di presentare un nuovissimo tool per lo Streaming Video che sarà utilizzato durante il Briefing Vocale, questo permetterà una trasmissione video di alta qualità con un piccolissimo delay. CLICK

Per QUALSIASI domanda o suggerimento fate riferimento a questo Topic.

Greeting Pilots!
The AF community is pleased to present a new joint operation! We have worked hard and we hope it will be appreciated. For ANY info-suggestion answer directly on this Topic.

We are also pleased to present a brand new Video Streaming tool that will be used during the Voice Briefing, this will allow a high quality video transmission with a very small delay.CLICK

For ANY question or suggestion please refer to this Topic.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Briefing, Programma, Regolamento e molto altro sono disponibili QUI
Briefing, Program, Rules and much more are available HERE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Debriefing e Feedback QUI
Debriefing and Feedback HERE
CHANGELOG

EDIT 22/04/21 H11:00
AGGIUNTA INFORMAZIONE TAB PIANIFICAZIONE= CAS PACKAGE: Ti consigliamo vivamente di testare il decollo da Haifa con il carico pianificato , il nostro suggerimento è di mantenere il peso al decollo inferiore a 42000 libbre
ADD INFORMATION TAB PLANNING= CAS PACKAGE: We strongly advise you to test the take off from Haifa with the planned load of several times before the mission, our suggestion is to keep the take off weight below 42000lbs
EDIT 24/04/21 H23:00
AGGIORNATA INFORMAZIONE TAB PIANIFICAZIONE= Aggiornate tabelle composizione voli,T/O, TOT e Target
UPDATE INFORMATION TAB PLANNING= Flight composition, T / O, TOT and Target tables updated
EDIT 25/04/21 H18:00
AGGIUNTA INFORMAZIONE TAB MAGLIA RADIO= Vedi Allegati( Briefing Aggiornato)
ADD INFORMATION TAB RADIO NETWORK PLANNING= See Attachment( Briefing Updated)
EDIT 24/04/21 H23:00
AGGIORNATA TAB DOWNLOAD= File Combat Flite Piani di volo Client
UPDATE TAB DOWNLOAD= Combat Flite File Flight Plans Client
AGGIUNTA INFORMAZIONE TAB MAGLIA RADIO= Vedi Allegati( Briefing Aggiornato) QUI
ADD INFORMATION TAB RADIO NETWORK PLANNING= See Attachment( Briefing Updated) HERE
AGGIORNATA TAB DOWNLOAD= File Combat Flite Piani di volo Client
UPDATE TAB DOWNLOAD= Combat Flite File Flight Plans Client ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
EXTRA POST OPERATION

phpBB [video]

Re: 27-04-21 | Joint Operation | Op. In The Wolf’s Lair

karon wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:26 pm Olá Webber,
che thread posso usare per il coordinamento con gli altri CAP flights?
Poi posteró un paio di domande dopo che ho riguardato un paio di cose.

Grazie!
Buon giorno! Puoi scrivere qui( valutiamo e siamo sempre in tempo a organizzare diversamente i topic per la prossima missione).
Good morning! You can write here (we evaluate and we always have time to organize the topics differently for the next mission).

Snap, I forgot about English-speaking folks. Mind I if only use English then, translating the whole lot takes a while?

I'm going to use this post for in-flight coordination as well. Is there a way to grab #3 and #4 and point them here?

***CHEVY1***
GAMEPLAN
If possible, T/O in pairs from CAT 1/3, 2/4 20".
Departure BRC to 7nm DME, 500ft. Rejoin, push WP1 (not sure where it is, I thought it was CAP1 but it looks it ain't that).
Level FL280.

Three options:
1- work as flight
2- split into two sections
3- compromise, trail

1- has only drawbacks imo, the formation would be ~4nm wide, hard to maintain, especially for F-14s with no RIO;
2- sections can set up a grinder CAP1-CAP2: more effective (as any grinder is). Coordination is hard for F-14s with no RIO;
3- a section leads, the second follows 3-4 miles behind. Not effective as a grinder but coordination is much easier.

Happy to do 2 or 3, the question is whether #3 and #4 are happy.

In case of plan 2, post FENCE IN, split, #1/#2 on a WP, #3/#4 on the other and the grinder is set.

TASKING
CAP 1/2. CAP track looks a bit awkward as we have no eyes to NE. However, Kuznetsov CV group can be a problem. We'll see post first picture when established. Worst case, we'll move CAP SE WP towards YY.

TIMELINE
Due to current issues with chaffs and AI, let's drag it down to 30nm employ. Everything else is readjusted accordingly. If payload is not adjustable and we have AIM-54C, then we have to see if 30nm is worth it or not, it's probably better to take it down to 25nm. I haven't worked out DOR, MAR and DR for the expected threats yet. It'll be probably around 10nm, maybe less (I am not familiar with the MiG-29).

NAVGRID
The MDC shows a working NAVGRID. The YY position is not good and contacts from due E or SE can be hard to monitor without offsetting.
Settings used are 150/5/75. RIOs, adjust them as you please.

MDC
Tentative is ready: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -Chevy1.7z
TODO: Verify BRC, add marker for Kuznetsov CV group.

***MISSION***
Questions about the mission:
- What is the BRC? Ordini2.jpg says 190, briefing says brg 075. Also, typo "For other informazion".
- Yardstick and Squawk codes are assigned when the comms plan is available?
- Divert, is Rayak workable as FW alternate recovery? It looks a tad close to enemy ADS.

***FORD2 & ENFIELD1***
Howdy folks, what's your FL on CAP, as the tracks overlap and I want to ensure safety of flight?
What's your employment range? Gameplan?
Please remember to call commit / targeted so we don't end up wasting time and perhaps with leakers or threats popping up.

karon wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 am
***FORD2 & ENFIELD1***
Howdy folks, what's your FL on CAP, as the tracks overlap and I want to ensure safety of flight?
What's your employment range? Gameplan?
Please remember to call commit / targeted so we don't end up wasting time and perhaps with leakers or threats popping up.
Hi Karon,

I'll answer you for FORD2 (CAP F16): we plan to do the CAP at 30 angels, if that's okay with you ...
We will make all the engagement calls, but we also have human awacs

Hi Karon,

I'll answer you for FORD2 (CAP F16): we plan to do the CAP at 30 angels, if that's okay with you ...
We will make all the engagement calls, but we also have human awacs
Hey buddy, how you doing?
sure, whatever suits you best. We will hardly have endurance issues, so feel free to go high and save fuel. As a matter of fact, we love going down to the deck to take advantage of the mainlobe clutter, so not having to worry about anything below our belly is great.
I suggest using FL300 rather than 30,000ft. Speaking of which, question for the mission designer, what's the TA/TL? We'll take the somewhat standard 18,000 / FL200, so we include variations in the QNH (I haven't checked it yet).

We won't use the AI AWACS as there's a human one, it can't even do basic correlation. We will announce usual commit with bullseye and targeted with tactical on the GCI's frequency.
Speaking of committing and bullseye, I was going through the briefing with SnakeIce (RIO#2), we noticed that at Tartus there are some nasty ADS anchored, namely too many S300 batteries for our taste. I hope they are not active as it will make any CAP in that direction almost impossible (unless I place the WP incorrectly, there are latlongs available atm, so I eyeballed them). The red area I highlighted on my map in the engagement range for the Pyotr when the target is at FL280 (us as fragged), it's about 50nm and the ship's max engagement range is up to ~63nm.

You can open the map here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 686824&z=8

I expect a lot of baits, so drop and reset, and we may be dragged out of position and unable to recommit immediately (our minimum recommit range is 45nm or 50nm, depending on the payload. It's basically in the CV group's bed). Therefore, when we skate or reset, if you can keep an eye open for leakers that would be great. Thanks!

***GENERAL***
Since yardstick may not be centrally assigned, CHEVY1 grabs 61Y and 2700-2710 squawk.

iaf_amir wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:16 pm Hey,
IAF_Amir, ZED - 2 Gazelle SA-342M (mike)

IAF_Amir.
Hi Amir,

I'm not sure what will be my role in this upcoming mission, but there is a chance that I'll take one of the available Gazelle. It will be fine for you or you want keep your internal flights communications not in English?
I don't want to force your flight to use English also for internal comm if you'll enjoy to do it in a different way ;)

karon wrote: ......
I suggest using FL300 rather than 30,000ft. Speaking of which, question for the mission designer, what's the TA/TL? We'll take the somewhat standard 18,000 / FL200, so we include variations in the QNH (I haven't checked it yet).
The Weather will be CAVOK and there is a chance that the local QNH will be 29,92. We'll let you know later today that we've a briefing to tune up the .miz
Since there are many flights and different squadron involved, this could help a little bit trying to keep the experience smooth for everyone.
karon wrote: .......
Three options:
1- work as flight
2- split into two sections
3- compromise, trail
For Chevy 1-3 and 1-4 makes sense works in split area acting as two couples ;)