Re: 27-04-21 | Joint Operation | Op. In The Wolf’s Lair

Ref discussion with Shaka, it would be great if Chevy1-3 and Chevy1-4 can pop into this thread.

Since some of my notes are scattered in different places, I'm summarizing them there:

**** MISSION DESIGN ****
1.1 Please confirm BRC of CVN73 (190 or 075?);
1.2 Please confirm TA/TL or QNH 29.92 along the whole mission;
1.3 Please confirm if Rayak is usable by FW as divert;
1.4 Chevy1 takes 61Y Yardstick;
1.5 Chevy1 takes 2700-2707 squawk.

**** CHEVY1 FLIGHT CONTRACTS & NOTES ****
2.1 YY location is not ideal, we have to offset every time to have a clear view. 6/180/60 helps somewhat: Img1 - Img2
2.2 At 20nm from first CAP WP1, Split, 1/2 continue, 3/4 fly to CAP WP2 to set up the grinder;
2.3 Tell me what you think: on commit, non-committed section turns to support the other section. There's a flight of F-16 sitting behind us any way.
2.4 Timeline flexible, MAR set to 15nm for convenience but vs non-29A can be decreased. 30nm Employ leaves room for another engagement before short skating at MAR.
2.5 Default is skate, banzai only with advantage.
2.6 It looks like the Red CV group is somewhat inactive. I'd suggest not getting too close and pumping south instead.
2.7 Other details are in the MDC, besides comms planning and tankers info: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... hevy1_b.7z
2.8 I played one serious mission in almost 2y. I'm rusty so bear with me and speak your mind is something does not convince you.

**** FORD2 ****
3.1 If in trouble from the N→E, expect our call to Focus for support. We'll drag hostiles towards your CAP track.

**** CONTROLLER ****
4.1 No ROE so we may skip commit to go target and switch to tactical right away without declaration. Please confirm if that's fine for you.
4.2 Our Commit Criteria are standard: aspect (hot || TA±45), range (45nm), tasking (i.e. fighter committed to friendly assets). ROE excluded as N/A. Confirm you are happy to have something else in your mind?

**** MISSION DESIGN ****
1.1 Please confirm BRC of CVN73 (190 or 075?);
1.2 Please confirm TA/TL or QNH 29.92 along the whole mission;
1.3 Please confirm if Rayak is usable by FW as divert;
1.4 Chevy1 takes 61Y Yardstick;
1.5 Chevy1 takes 2700-2707 squawk.
1.1 BRC 190 ( Briefing Fixed)
1.2 Confermato QNH 29.92 durante tutta la missione
1.3 Come scritto in Panoramica Missione(Fixed Wing: Ramat, Haifa, Incirlik, CVN73)
1.4 Ok, appena possibile pubblichiamo quelli per gli altri equipaggi F14.

1.2 Confirm QNH 29.92 along the whole mission
1.3 As reported in Mission Overview( Fixed Wing: Ramat, Haifa, Incirlik, CVN73 )
1.4 Ok, as soon as possible we publish those for the other F14 crews.

**** CHEVY1 FLIGHT CONTRACTS & NOTES ****
2.6 It looks like the Red CV group is somewhat inactive. I'd suggest not getting too close and pumping south instead.
2.6 Le Red CV sono in riparazione, attaccano SOLO se ti avvicini a loro al di sotto delle 20nm.
2.6 The Red CVs are under repair, they ONLY attack if you get close to them below 20nm.
4.1 No ROE so we may skip commit to go target and switch to tactical right away without declaration. Please confirm if that's fine for you.
4.1 In arrivo
4.1 Incoming Stay Tuned

1.2 Confirm QNH 29.92 along the whole mission
Great stuff, thanks.
1.3 As reported in Mission Overview( Fixed Wing: Ramat, Haifa, Incirlik, CVN73 )
CVN73 cannot be the divert of itself. I guess we need to take Incirlik, everything else is more than 150nm away from the position of the carrier. Meaning, either a bingo of 6500 lbs (joker 7500) of swimming with the fishes :D
1.4 Ok, as soon as possible we publish those for the other F14 crews.
No need thanks, I have already allocated enough codes:
2700 - Chevy 1-1
2701 - Chevy 1-2
2702 - Chevy 1-3
2703 - Chevy 1-4
2.6 The Red CVs are under repair, they ONLY attack if you get close to them below 20nm.
Thanks for the heads-up.
4.1 Incoming Stay Tuned
Spicy!

/*******************************************/

New question:
1.6 I see we have Overlord now as well but I have not found any reference in the briefing. If you plan to split them, we are happy to take any English-only speaker if this can ease someone else's night.
1.7 ATC frequency is the native UHF, is the CVN73 listed later in the comms plan or you use a pre-defined frequency? (chances are that I'm blind though)
1.8 Last but not least, will the server hold? :P

EDIT: CHEVY1 MDC v3: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... hevy1_c.7z

karon wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:15 pm
New question:
1.6 I see we have Overlord now as well but I have not found any reference in the briefing. If you plan to split them, we are happy to take any English-only speaker if this can ease someone else's night.
1.7 ATC frequency is the native UHF, is the CVN73 listed later in the comms plan or you use a pre-defined frequency? (chances are that I'm blind though)
1.8 Last but not least, will the server hold? :P

EDIT: CHEVY1 MDC v3: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... hevy1_c.7z
1.6 All awacs can speak English
1.7 Incoming
1.8 I hope 😂